Saturday 1 March 2014

New Week, New Games!

So now I've finished Deus Ex and forcefully abandoned Kingdom Hearts, It's time I picked some new games to replace them!

My Choices are:

Mad World

This highly stylised hack-and-slash-'em-up looks like great fun; clocking an average playtime of 5 hours, even with finding everything. It's the first Wii game I'm tackling on my list, so I'm hoping using a wand and nunchuck will give a bit more variety than the game pads I've been using thus far.

The Last of Us


To be honest, I tried playing this game a few months back and hated it. The story was great don't get me wrong; I just felt that when you were given freedom to play the game after the amazing cutscenes, it was a repetitive game where the mechanics were as such:
  1. Try to sneak past enemy (infected or human)
  2. Successfully sneak past enemy
  3. Get caught due to a scripted event
  4. Rinse and repeat until you leave the area
Now I think it's an unpopular opinion, but I believe that is only due to all the hype around the game when it first came out. Not a terrible game by any definition of the word, but just not as great as people make it out to be. I only got to the High School area which I'm told isn't very far at all, so will be continuing from there!

Every game deserves a second chance.

It's going to be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment