Wednesday 19 February 2014

PC Playthrough - Deus Ex Machina

This is the 3rd concurrent game I am currently tackling and the first post about a PC game on my backlog - that game is:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut


Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the newest entry into an extremely critically acclaimed series of Action/Adventure/Stealth/RPG games. Yes there is literally that much to them, they have carved out their own niché in terms of the genre they belong to, play it and you'll see what I mean.

Historically, they focus on giving you an objective and letting you loose; allowing you to tackle it in any way that you see fit; something which I am pleased to say has carried over amazingly well into this title. I'm going to jump straight into my first impression and say that this is a more refined and beautiful version of the first game, in another setting with drastic UI improvements and mechanic streamlining.

There is so much to do so far and I have been wasting plenty of time becoming invested in this dystopian (less and less so by the day) future, whereby people identify themselves as a member of large multinational corporations rather than by country, where science is redefining what it is to be human and where one man is on a quest to seek the truth in a world where the word "truth" doesn't exist.

The game is heavily revolved around stealth - I am going for a non-lethal play through of the game too which has made it far more difficult but rewarding, making my Jensen a man where he can see the benefit of the physical changes forced upon him but unwilling to fall victim to the stereotype of an augmented person.

In terms of the actual game, the sound design is nothing short of a masterpiece; the haunting cyberpunk melodies the pièce de résistance to the golden hues and amazing skylines of a futuristic Detroit and China.

I'll stop for now as I could talk about what I've experienced in this game for a very, very long time. I'll leave that to the full review after completing it.

As a final note however; I keep asking myself one question as I play the game:

How have I left it this long to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment